Welcome Members of Mapleton Public Schools Credit Union!
The membership of Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union voted by an overwhelming margin of 80% on October 7 to merge with Westerra Credit Union. We are very excited about the additional branches, expanded services, and continued focus on financial education this merger brings the Mapleton community. Westerra branches and services are available to all members beginning December 23, 2019. Read the December Newsletter.
Your Mapleton Accounts are Now Westerra Accounts
Information was mailed to all Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union members with details on How to Access Your Accounts Beginning December 23, including:
• Your new account number
• How to change your automated transactions
• New products, services and technology
• Easy access to your funds with a free debit card
Your funds continue to be federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Click here to learn more.
Read full details about accessing your account beginning December 23.
As a Result of the Merger, These Conveniences are Now Available to You
• Free Visa debit card with cash back rewards
• Free mobile banking, Apple Pay, eStatements, online banking, and bill pay
• Free CardNav App to receive real-time transaction notifications, for added security
• 1000 free ATMs in Colorado
• 200 Colorado CO-OP shared branching locations
• No overdraft fees with debit cards -- If you use your debit card at a merchant or ATM, and there are not sufficient funds in your account, the transaction will simply be denied, without any fees. If you would like debit card transactions covered, click here to learn more.
• Free Credit Report & Financial Review — get a free State or National Parks Pass - or a Fitbit® with a free financial review! As an exclusive offer for members of Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union—and employees of the school district and their families—you will receive a free annual State or National Parks Pass on the spot with a Financial Checkup. The requirement to open an account to receive the pass is waived through June 30, 2020. Schedule your Financial Checkup by calling 303-321-4209 or click here.
Free Financial Seminars and Online Resources for Members, Students and the Community
Members and potential members are invited to attend free financial seminars, use Westerra's online financial literacy tools, and have conversations with credit union staff to find answers to their questions. Westerra also provides grants to schools and makes presentations in classrooms to help our educational community with their important mission.
Educational Focus Brings Credit Union Together
“Our credit unions have so much in common,” said Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union Co-Chairman Sam Molinaro, “and this merger positions us even better to serve the financial needs of our members through additional branches, expanded service and a continued focus on financial education in our schools and our community.” Read the full press release – Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union Members Approve Merger with Westerra Credit Union.
Read the November 2019 Newsletter.
Read the October 2019 Newsletter.