Welcome Members of Mapleton Public Schools Credit Union!
The membership of Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union voted by an overwhelming margin of 80% on October 7 to merge with Westerra Credit Union. We are very excited about the additional branches, expanded services, and continued focus on financial education this merger will bring the Mapleton community. Members will be kept informed of the merger transitional plans, and when Westerra branches and services will be available to all members, as more information becomes available. Full integration of Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union operations will take place throughout the next few months. Read the full October Newsletter.
It’s Business-As-Usual at Mapleton Credit Union for the Coming Months
Your Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union account is still an active account.
• Please continue to access your account at the Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union office at 591 East 80th Avenue.
• Office hours continue to be: Monday Noon–4 pm, Tuesday 10 am–2 pm, and Wednesday 9 am–1 pm.
• Continue to conduct transactions as you typically do—electronically, by mail or in the credit union office.
• Continue to call Betty and Jan at the credit union office with your questions at 303-288-2066.
You will receive information well in advance of any changes. Watch your mail for more information. Learn more.
Watch for More Technology and Added Convenience after the Merger Transition
As we align the two credit unions into one dynamic organization, here are some of the enhancements you will see:
• Free Visa debit card with cash back rewards
• Free mobile banking, Apple Pay, eStatements, online banking, and bill pay
• Free CardNav App to receive real-time transaction notifications, for added security
• 1000 free ATMs in Colorado
• 200 Colorado CO-OP shared branching locations
• No overdraft fees with debit cards -- If you use your debit card at a merchant or ATM, and there are not sufficient funds in your account, the transaction will simply be denied, without any fees. If you would like debit card transactions covered, click here to learn more.
• Free Credit Report & Financial Review — get a free State or National Parks Pass - or a Fitbit® with a free financial review!* As an exclusive offer for members of Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union—and employees of the school district and their families—you will receive a free annual State or National Parks Pass on the spot with your Financial Checkup. The requirement to open an account to receive the pass is waived through June 30, 2020. Schedule your Financial Checkup by calling 303-321-4209 or click here.
Free Financial Seminars and Online Resources for Members, Students and the Community
Members and potential members are invited to attend free financial seminars, use Westerra's online financial literacy tools, and have conversations with credit union staff to find answers to their questions. Westerra also provides grants to schools and makes presentations in classrooms to help our educational community with their important mission.
Educational Focus Brings Credit Union Together
“Our credit unions have so much in common,” said Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union Co-Chairman Sam Molinaro, “and this merger positions us even better to serve the financial needs of our members through additional branches, expanded service and a continued focus on financial education in our schools and our community.” Read the full press release – Mapleton Public Schools Federal Credit Union Members Approve Merger with Westerra Credit Union.