How Can We Help?
These are the four most important words we want you to hear from us right now. With the growing impact of the CoronaVirus, we have been moving quickly to make sure you have access to the financial services and relief you need to ease your stress and give yourself some peace of mind. Here are some immediate steps we have taken to help members during this crisis. Please let us know how we can help you.
For at least the next three months, we are waiving fees for overdrafts, late payments on loans, credit card cash advances, Certificate of Deposit (CD) early withdrawals, Reg D withdrawal limits, cashier’s checks, teller checks, money orders, ATMs outside the CO-OP Network, and fees when balances in Interest Checking drop lower than minimum. These fee waivers are already in place and no action is required on your part.
Skip Payments on Loans.
You can defer your payments for up to three months on auto loans and unsecured term loans. During this time, interest will accrue as it normally would, but you will not be charged any late fees. The skipped payments are then added at the end of the loan. If you need to defer a loan payment, call us at 303-321-4209 or email us at WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com and put “Skip Loan Payment” in the subject line.
- In the email, please provide your first and last name, phone number, email address, and the last four digits of your account number. Please include whether you are asking to skip one, two or three months’ payments.
- A Westerra representative will reach out to you within 2-4 business days.
- If you have a payment transfer set up from another financial institution, or in Westerra’s Online Banking, you will need to cancel it to stop the payment
Relief Loan with No Payments and 0% for the First Six Months.
If you're facing financial hardship due to an interruption in your income, members who qualify can receive a 30-month Relief Loan with no payments and 0% for the first six months. Call 303-321-4209 or email WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com and put “Relief Loan” in the subject line. In the email, please provide your first and last name, phone number, email address, and the last four digits of your account number.
Help with Your Mortgage.
If you’re worried about making your mortgage payments, here’s what you should know:
- If you can, it’s best to continue making your mortgage payment because you will need to catch up eventually.
- Any late fees are waived for the next 90 days—April, May and June.
- If you need short term assistance, you may qualify for our COVID-19 Relief Loan. Call 303-321-4209 or email WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com with “Mortgage Help” in the subject line and explain your request.
- If you expect COVID-19 to impact you for a while, you may want to consider an initial relief option of a forbearance, which is a temporary stoppage of your mortgage payments for three months, which can be extended up to 12 months. If you need additional assistance after that time, we would work with you to determine the best options to resume payments. During the months of a forbearance plan, late fees are waived and missed payments are not reported to credit bureaus.
- The easiest way to start the forbearance process is to go directly to https://loansolutioncenter.com. Please be prepared to sign up, register and follow the prompts. You will need to have your Social Security Number (using the dashes between the numbers), the zip code of the property that is collateral for the loan, and your ten digit mortgage loan number. If you do not know your loan number, call 303-321-4209 or email WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com with “Mortgage Help” in the subject line and request your number. After you register, if you do not receive a letter detailing what assistance can be provided within 14 business days, please email WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com with your name, property address, and the last six digits of your loan number. We will research and reply to you as soon as possible.
- If you would like to call our mortgage service department to talk about this option, please reach out to them directly at 1-866-657-0139. Please be aware that they are currently experiencing extended hold times.
- If you prefer to email your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, property address and the last six digits of your mortgage loan number.
Help with Credit Cards and Home Equity Lines of Credit.
If you need help making payments on your credit card or home equity line of credit, please contact us to discuss your specific situation at 303-321-4209 or email WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com with the subject line “Credit Card” or Home Equity.”
Help for Businesses.
If you have a business account at Westerra, we are standing by, and ready to work with you to find a solution for your specific situation. The programs and initiatives in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist business owners with the needs you have right now. Learn more.
- The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is an SBA loan designed to help keep workers on the payroll. The SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities. Learn more or to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program SBA loan through our partner Newtek® Financial Services, click here.
- The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. Funds will be made available within three (3) days of a successful application. This loan advance will not have to be repaid. EIDL loans are administered directly through the SBA and are funded by the U.S. Treasury—not through Westerra Credit Union. To apply for a COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan, click here.
- Westerra Credit Union Business Relief Line of Credit (Non-SBA Loan) - Current members may apply for this line of credit which includes a 12-month draw period and a special interest rate of Prime (the "Index") plus 0% margin rate for the first 6 months. To apply, just email us at WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com and put “Business Banking Help” in the subject line. We will reach out to discuss this special low-interest line of credit and other options for your specific situation.
Additional resources are available at www.sba.gov or through the SBA Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955. Learn more.
Get Cash or Make Deposits.
To make it easier to access cash, the daily limit for ATM cash withdrawals has been increased to $1010. You can also deposit cash and checks through our CO-OP Network ATMs and in our branch Night Drop Boxes. Download the Westerra Mobile Banking app and you can deposit checks by taking a picture with your phone!
Stay Home. Stay Connected. Stay Informed.
The most vital thing we can all do to combat the virus is stay home. All Westerra branch lobbies are temporarily closed for the health and safety of our employees and members, but our drive ups remain open if you absolutely must go to a branch. The vast majority of our team is working from home to make things happen behind the scenes, and to answer your calls and emails. You can also access your accounts through our Mobile app, Online Banking, automated telephone banking and 1000 free CO-OP ATMs. If you need help using any of these services, please call us at 303-321-4209 or email us at email@example.com.
Just because we have to remain apart, doesn’t mean we can’t pull together. If there's anything we can do to help you, please call us at 303-321-4209 or email WesterraCanHelp@westerracu.com. Updated March 27, 2020.
Update March 17, 2020:
Update on Westerra’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Planning
As the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic evolves, we want you to know what we’re doing for our members, our employees, and the communities we serve. We are, as always, monitoring information and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as our Colorado state health officials, as they become available. Below you will find a list of updates you may find helpful.
All Westerra Branch Lobbies Temporarily Closed – Drive-Ups Remain Open
All Westerra branch lobbies are temporarily closed effective Tuesday, March 17, as we work to safeguard members and employees from COVID-19. Drive-up services remain open at these branches: Arvada, Aurora, Centennial, Cherry Creek, Green Mountain, Littleton, Parker and Castle Rock. Our Belmar and Stapleton branches are temporarily closed due to small spaces and the inability to offer drive-up services.
Alternative Access to Your Accounts
There are multiple other ways you can access your account:
For our Business Banking members:
Loan Payment Assistance
We understand the impacts of this crisis are only beginning to be felt. For our Westerra members who find yourselves in financial hardship with the effects of coronavirus on your family, your job, or place of business, we are ready to help.
- You can request an auto loan extension to skip a payment by extending the term of the loan.
- There are no longer fees for making payments from other financial institutions to Westerra loans online or by phone.
- Mortgage loan payment assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you need help.
- If you are looking to lower payments and rates to free up cash flow, please ask us about refinancing at these historically low rates.
If you need assistance, we are here to discuss your options and help you establish a plan. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 303-321-4209 to talk about your situation and the options we have available to help you through this difficult time.
Beware of Potential Scams
Some people and companies are taking advantage of fears surrounding the spread of the virus. Do not let fear cloud your judgment when accessing links from emails and social media. Follow these guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Use only reputable sources when searching for information about the coronavirus.
- Be aware of phishing emails and never click unknown attachments or links.
- Be cautious of emails and phone calls offering unexpected information and asking for personal information.
- Read these tips from the CDC to protect yourself from scams.
How We are Supporting Our Employees
- We want to ensure our employees are not penalized if they cannot come to work due to illness. Therefore, in addition to our Paid Time Off plan, we have instituted temporary unlimited Paid Sick Time to our workforce.
- Employees who have the ability to telecommute have started to do so effective March 16.
- We are creating plans and supplying technology to the remainder of our employees who currently do not have the ability to telecommute.
- We are setting up additional employees to support our Contact Center in anticipation of increased call volume.
- For employees that must remain on site, we have instituted social distancing, asking employees to stay 6 feet apart and, if meetings are required, to do so using technology.
- We are working with our employees who have child care needs impacting their ability to work while schools are closed.
- We are increasing the intervals of cleaning and disinfecting our corporate office and branch locations.
If you have any questions that are not addressed in the information above, please call us at 303-321-4209, or check westerracu.com for updates as we will be posting new information as situations change and things progress. Thank you for your membership with Westerra. er service items?
Update March 16, 2020:
All Westerra Branch Lobbies Temporarily Closed - Drive-Ups Remain Open
All Westerra branch lobbies are temporarily closed effective Tuesday, March 17, as we work to safeguard members and employees from COVID-19. Drive-up services remain open at these branches: Arvada, Aurora, Centennial, Cherry Creek, Green Mountain, Littleton, Parker and Castle Rock. Our Belmar and Stapleton branches are temporarily closed effective Monday afternoon, March 16, due to small spaces and the inability to offer drive-up services. Click here to find Westerra branch locations. Click here to find CO-OP Shared Branch locations – please be aware that many financial institutions are closing their lobbies and offering services only through drive-ups.
You can also access your accounts through our Mobile app, Online Banking, automated telephone banking and free CO-OP ATMs—or email us with any questions at email@example.com or call us at 303-321-4209. Please be aware that our hold times may be slightly longer due to the increased volume.
Thank you for your patience as we take proactive precautionary measures to protect our members and employees. Please visit CDC.gov for the latest information about the coronavirus.
March 12, 2020:
The Coronavirus: Safety is Our Top Priority
As we continue to monitor developments regarding the coronavirus, we wanted to share information with you on actions and policies we have implemented to safeguard the health of our members and employees, while continuing to provide convenient access to your accounts in branches and online:
Safety is Our Top Priority
Consistent with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we ask all members and employees who may become sick to stay home to get well. Please read these recommended precautions. In addition, we have added paid sick days for all our employees so they can stay home and take care of themselves, if coronavirus is suspected. We also have contingency plans in place that are designed to prevent service disruptions due to events of this type, which include remote access capabilities, alternate work locations for employees and continuity plans for critical operations. Please visit CDC.gov for the latest information about the coronavirus.
Keeping Our Branches Sanitized
Please continue to use our branches as needed. In addition to our daily janitorial service cleanings, our Facilities team is committed to robust and thorough cleaning throughout the day—and our branch procedures include disinfectant cleanings after each member transaction at teller stations and desks. You will also see employees wearing gloves as a precautionary measure. We will be limiting physical contact with each other and with our members. You will be greeted with air-high-fives and waves rather than hugs or handshakes.
Providing Easy Access Through Our Mobile App and Online Banking
We also strongly recommend that you leverage all of the available Westerra tools and resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access through our Mobile app, Online Banking and automated telephone banking services. Through these channels, you have options to check balances, view accounts, transfer funds, deposit checks, pay bills, apply for a loan or find the nearest ATM. Click here to enroll in Online Banking. If you are not enrolled in Online or Mobile Banking and you need assistance with the process, please stop by any branch or call us at 303-321-4209. Please be aware that our hold times may be slightly longer due to the increased volume. You can also email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Deposits at Westerra are Federally Insured
With the current economic uncertainty, you can rest assured that your funds at Westerra are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration up to $250,000 per member. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are federally insured up to an additional $250,000. Learn more about NCUA insurance.
Beware of Potential Scams
There are some people and companies taking advantage of fears surrounding the spread of the virus. Do not let fear cloud your judgment when accessing links from emails and social media. Read these tips to protect yourself from scams.
Our leadership team is staying closely connected and working tirelessly to advance our preparedness and respond appropriately.