Like many others, you may be making travel plans for the upcoming holiday season. Here are a few tips to help you gain peace of mind and manage your finances before you leave town:
- Let your financial institution know where you are going and how long you’ll be gone. That way, when you use your card away from home, they will know that it’s really you and authorize your transactions.
- Download your Mobile banking app before you leave. You can monitor your accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and even deposit checks using your phone!
- Check with your financial institution to see if they offer an app that lets you turn your credit and debit cards on and off. This type of app will give you peace of mind in the event your cards are lost or stolen.
- If you receive your bank statements by mail, now is a great time to sign up for electronic statements. Typically, you’ll receive an email when your statement is ready – then you simply log in to online banking to see your statement, whether you’re home or away. Electronic statements are good for the environment, too!
To notify Westerra of your upcoming travel plans, please call 303-321-4209, send us a secure message through online banking or stop by any Westerra branch. We will place a “Travel Note” in your records so that you can use your VISA debit and credit cards without triggering a potential fraud alert interruption.
Westerra wishes you safe travels and a happy holiday season!
You may also be interested in:
- Download Westerra’s free and secure mobile banking app.
- Download Westerra’s free CardNav App today to turn your card on or off at any time.
- Sign up for electronic statements
Federally insured by NCUA.