Welcome to Westerra!
When you open your account, you will become a member and an owner of a local not-for-profit financial cooperative. Everyone in the 7-county Denver metro (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas or Jefferson) can join Westerra.
- Current Members: If you are opening a new account or applying for a loan, please enter your 10-digit Member Number. (Your base account number preceded by zeroes. Example: 0000123465)
- Joint Applicants and Beneficiaries: If you are adding a new joint applicant or new beneficiary, please note these designations will apply to all existing and future deposit accounts.
- You must be age 15 or older to open an account online.
- Outside Colorado: Please print and mail your application with a copy of your US government-issued ID and a check for your initial deposit of $50 to: Westerra Credit Union, 3700 East Alameda, Denver, CO 80209.
Please Note: In the event your application needs further verification, you may visit any Westerra branch to open your account.
To open an account, you can also stop by any branch location or schedule an appointment.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 303-321-4209.
Westerra is a local not-for-profit cooperative that keeps your funds working here in our community.
Why More Coloradans are Choosing Westerra
1. Low Fee Leader in Colorado
Westerra has built a reputation for having fewer and lower fees than other financial institutions in metro Denver.
2. Westerra Gives Back More
Westerra gives back more to members through lower rates on loans, higher dividends on savings and low-cost financial services.
3. Top 5-Star Rating for Financial Strength
Driven by our strong capital position, Westerra has earned the highest financial rating every quarter consecutively since 1992 by Bauer Financial, Inc.
4. Voted Best of the Best by Consumers
Westerra was voted “Best of the Best” by readers of Colorado Community Media newspapers in 2015 and 2016. Read what members say about their service experience.
5. Locally-Owned by Our Members
As a not-for-profit cooperative, Westerra is owned by all who have accounts at the credit union. Deposits are invested in members through loans for cars, homes, education and other needs, keeping funds working locally in our community.
6. Credit Unions Work Together By Sharing Branches and ATMs
We believe more can be accomplished by working together. You can access your Westerra accounts at 200 shared Credit Union Service Centers in Colorado (5,000 nationwide) and 1,000 Free ATMs in Colorado (30,000 nationwide).
Learn more about Westerra Credit Union
Important Information About Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Online Account Opening Consent
Federally insured by NCUA. Equal Opportunity Lender.