No Overdraft Fees or Non-Sufficient Funds Fees
Westerra does not charge overdraft fees or non-sufficient funds fees. Here are a variety of ways to prevent your transaction from being denied if there are not sufficient funds in your checking account:
- Set up transfers from a savings account. Westerra's standard practice is to link your checking account to your share/savings account to automatically transfer funds as needed. If you would like to link a Money Market Account or other savings account to your checking account, please inquire at any branch or call us at 303-321-4209.
- Add a personal line of credit to automatically transfer funds as you need it. Apply online, inquire at any branch or call us at 303-321-4209.
- For debit card transactions, ACH transactions, ATMs and checks–if there are not funds in your checking account (or savings or overdraft line of credit) to cover a transaction, the transaction will simply be denied without a fee.
Use these tools to monitor your accounts:
- Set Alerts in Online Banking to let you know if your account reaches a certain high or low balance or if transactions over a certain amount take place on your account. Online Banking is free for all members.
- Download the free CardNav App to receive real-time notifications on your phone every time a transaction is made on your account. You can set spending limits, approved merchant locations and types of transactions—and you can turn your cards on or off instantly.
- Use the free Westerra Mobile Banking App to quickly and easily check your balances.
- Record all your payments–automated transactions, bill payments, online banking transfers, checks, debit card transactions, ATM withdrawals and other payments. Ask for a check register at any branch. Be sure you are tracking your actual balance, not just your available balance. Learn more.