Mobile Check Deposits
Easily deposit checks with Westerra's Mobile Check Deposit!
Now you can make a quick and secure deposit by taking a picture of your check using the Mobile Check Deposit feature within the Mobile Banking App.
How to Deposit Your Check(s)
- Log in to the Westerra Mobile Banking App
- Press Deposits in the menu
- Press New Deposit
- Select the account you would like to deposit the check to
- Enter the amount of the check and press Continue
- Place your check on a dark surface and take a photo of the front of the check - see Mobile Deposit Tips below
- Press Use to accept the photo or retake the photo
- Take a photo of the back of the check - please make sure to sign/endorse or write For Deposit Only
- Press Use to accept the picture
- Press Yes to confirm the transaction
- The deposit will now be Pending
- Please allow two business days for the check to be deposited in your account
- To check on the status of your check deposit, go back to the Deposits menu within Mobile Banking. Deposit will not appear in the Deposit History until the check has been posted to your account.
- Within the Deposit History option under Deposits you can view all checks that you have submitted
Pending = Check image is on the way to Westerra.
Accepted/Delivered = Westerra has received the check image.
*Please check the account transaction history to verify the check has been deposited.
Tips on Using Mobile Check Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it "For Deposit Only."
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Make sure there are no shadows across the check.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- All four corners should be visible on the photo.
- Make sure the check image is not blurry.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- The numbers on the bottom of your check (the "MICR line") should be readable.
Mobile Check Deposit FAQs