Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Which devices can I use to make mobile check deposits?
Check deposits can be made from your iPhone or Android smartphone or an iPad.
How do I start using Mobile Check Deposit?
Simply launch Westerra Mobile Banking App, log in with your Online Banking username and password and select the Deposits feature. The system will guide you through the process. If you do not already have the Westerra Mobile Banking App, download the application from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android).
How do I make a mobile check deposit?
- Log in to the Westerra Mobile Banking App
- Press Deposits in the menu
- Press New Deposit
- Select the account you would like to deposit the check to
- Enter the amount of the check and press Continue
- Place your check on a dark surface and take a photo of the front of the check
- Click here for tips on using Mobile Check Deposit
- Press Use to accept the photo or retake the photo
- Take a photo of the back of the check - please make sure to sign/endorse or write For Deposit Only
- Press Use to accept the picture
- Press Yes to confirm the transaction
- The deposit will now be Pending
- Please allow two business days for the check to be deposited in your account
- To check on the status of your check deposit, go back to the Deposits menu
- Within the Deposit History option under Deposits you can view all checks that you have submitted
Pending = Check image is on the way to Westerra.
Accepted/Delivered = Westerra has received the check image.
*Please check the account transaction history to verify the check has been deposited.
Is there a fee for using the Mobile Check Deposit feature?
How will I know if I’ve taken the picture correctly?
The Mobile Check Deposit application will check the picture for quality. If the quality is poor, the application will ask you to retake the picture. Simply select the image displayed. This should launch the camera function and allow you to take a new picture of the item.
What if I enter the wrong dollar amount?
The Mobile Check Deposit application will know that the amount entered does not match the item and will reject the deposit. You must re-enter the dollar amount by selecting that field and making the appropriate correction.
Which accounts can I deposit to?
You can deposit to your checking, savings, or money market accounts.
Can I make a deposit to another member’s account?
No. You can only make deposits to your accounts that you have full access to.
If I make a deposit this morning when will I receive credit?
Please allow up to 48 hours for the check to be deposited. The service can be used 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except when unavailable for maintenance or system outages.
Will I have immediate access to those funds?
No. Those funds will be available when the check is verified for available funds and authenticity. In some cases, depending on the type of check you deposit, your funds may be delayed longer. If you need more immediate access to the funds, it’s best to deposit the item at a Westerra branch.
What is a business day?
Monday through Friday, except Federal Holidays. Saturday and Sunday are not business days.
Do I have to endorse the back of the check?
Yes, please put the following information on the back of the check submitted for deposit: For Deposit Only
What do I do if the deposit will not process?
There may be instances when the application will not recognize your check for deposit. If that occurs and you are unable to complete a deposit using the Mobile Check Deposit Application please take the item to your nearest branch.
What do I do with the check once it has been deposited through my mobile device?
When you have confirmed that Westerra has received your check image (by checking the transactions history) please clearly mark the item Electronically Presented or VOID, or properly dispose of (for example, shred) the check to ensure it is not re-deposited for payment.