Mortgages for First-Time Homebuyers
Westerra’s first-time homebuyer program is designed to help you achieve the dream of home ownership. Home ownership is now more affordable with lower down payments and more flexibility.
- Low down payment – 3% down payment on loans up to $650,000. We’ll finance up to 97% or up to 105% with an eligible Community Seconds mortgage*.
- No income restrictions – census tract income limits do not apply to this loan program.
- Non-traditional credit is allowed – if you do not have well-established credit, we will consider other non-traditional credit, like a cell phone, car insurance, day care, etc., to establish your payment history.
- Flexible sources for down payment and closing costs – use gifts, grants or Community Seconds to cover your down payment and closing costs.
Other Westerra Mortgage Advantages:
- Full service lender – helping more Coloradans achieve the dream of homeownership.
- Competitive rates to save you money.
- No origination fee - just low underwriting and processing fees paid at closing.
- FULL credit approval – not just a prequalification, so you are ready to make a winning offer.
- No prepayment penalty.
- Make your payments to Westerra.
- Flexible payment options - monthly, semi-monthly or bi-weekly schedule.
Check Today's Mortgage Rates
Learn about upcoming seminars
View Payment Examples
Meet Westerra's Mortgage Loan Officers
Everyone in the 7-county Denver metro area can join!
What is a credit union? Learn why more Coloradans are choosing Westerra.
*To be eligible, Community Seconds funds must be provided by a federal agency, a municipality, state, county, state or local housing finance agency, nonprofit organization, a regional Federal Home Loan Bank under one of its affordable housing programs, or an employer. Equal Housing Opportunity.